TOP 5 MUST SEE SIGHTS IN ITALY

Old Dec 16th, 1997, 09:08 PM
GINGER

TOP 5 MUST SEE SIGHTS IN ITALY

Traveling this summer with my mom (77yr)& 2 sisters.
mom does not like to move to too many places-1 or 2 for the two weeks we will be there. Thus we need to maximize the time. Thanks for your suggestions.

Old Dec 16th, 1997, 10:27 PM
Joanna White

Hello Ginger!
I would suggest you consider a coach tour through CIT or similar. You can see a lot in a short time and your mum will only have to get on and off the coach. If the going gets tough she can rest on the coach. A couple of days in Rome seeing the sights is a good idea, followed by a coach tour. As your mother won't want to be rushing about I think this is the best and most comfortable for her and you will also enjoy yourself and not have to worry too much.
Have a great time.

Old Dec 17th, 1997, 04:03 PM
Linda

Florence is a wonderful city--small enough to get around, but with lots to see. The shopping is great (leather, shoes, gold jewelry; Michaelangelo's David is worth the trip; Pitti Palace; the Brownings' Italian place; Fiesole and, of course, Vivoli's (great ice cream).

Old Dec 17th, 1997, 04:04 PM
Rod Hoots

Suggest checking out Perillo Tours and Grand Circle Tours. They both have leisurely paced tours and Grand Circle caters to seniors.

Old Dec 19th, 1997, 01:39 PM
Deb

I went to Italy for the first time in October.

Venice is fabulous and not too difficult to get around if you use the Grand Canal. I agree Florence is wonderful as well.

Just to warn you...Rome is a big city. My Mum who had twisted her knee had a hard time getting around even when using the subway because there were few elevators and the stairs were steep. If you want to see Rome, I suggest you get a bus tour and/or ride in Taxis everywhere (not cheap, by the way).

Old Dec 19th, 1997, 01:44 PM
Deb

I went to Italy for the first time in October.

Venice is fabulous and not too difficult to get around if you use the Grand Canal. I agree Florence is wonderful as well.

Just to warn you...Rome is a big city. My Mum who had twisted her knee had a hard time getting around even when using the subway because there were few elevators and the stairs were steep. If you want to see Rome, I suggest you get a bus tour and/or ride in Taxis everywhere (not cheap, by the way).