Too rainy in Greek islands in November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're considering visiting several Greek islands--some combo of Santorini, Heraklion, Rhodes, Mykonos and Corfu--in the first half of November. Too rainy? We don't mind it only being 14-18 C, since this isn't a beach vacation, but we don't want to go at that time if the rainy season will be well on its way.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 04:09 PM
P_M

I visited the Greek Isles in November 2000 and never saw a drop of rain. As I look at my pictures, I was wearing shorts in just about all of them. Of course, I don't guarantee it will be that way when you are there.

The biggest problem with traveling to the Greek islands at that time of year is that so many places close for the season. However, the islands you have chosen are better than most, as we found most restaurants, shops and tourist attractions to still be open.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 04:22 PM

Barring an unpredictable storm you should be fine as long as you aren't going to the northern islands such as Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonissos.
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, PM and brotherlee. Appreciate your feedback.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:57 AM

Sorry to disagree with brotherleelove, but wanderlusty, you do really need to expect rain in Greece in November, no matter where you go in the country. Corfu especially tends to have lots and lots of rain, both in November and December. Crete is not as wet, but you shouldn't be surprised to see rain there in November. Although it is not the rainiest month of the year, you should not be surprised to see rain in Athens, Crete, or anywhere else in Greece. In addition, it also can be very cold and windy in November, especially on the islands (something about the temperature differential between the land and the water). You also shouldn't be surprised if the weather is nice. November weather in Greece is simply impossible to predict. In any case, you may want to make sure that any hotel you were staying at in November has adequate heat going to the rooms during the hours you expect to be inside. This is not necessarily a given.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Eleni.