Search

Too many things! Please help with place to stay in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many things! Please help with place to stay in Paris

Hi everyone,

Thanks to some great advice on Fodors, I've finalized my trip itinerary and am going to be in Paris for five nights from May 6-13. My problem now is finding a place to stay in Paris on a limited budget (90 euros a night or less, preferably). I've been tearing my hair out looking at apartment after apartment but can't decide on one or find one that meets my dream of a charming, well located place to stay at a limited budget. I've been looking in the 4, 5 and 6 arrondissements.

My questions are and what I'm struggling with is, how important is it to stay in a "central" area? Is being near a Metro station enough? I'm considering an apartment near the universite denis diderot - is that out of the way? Is it better to up my budget and stay in a great place, or spend that money actually seeing Paris? I probably won't be spending that much time in the apartment but I do like to have a nice place to relax after a day of sightseeing. Am I over analyzing?

Too many questions to consider. Now I know why people said to cut down on the number of cities I'm visiting. =I heehee. Any insight or advice would be welcome.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Being near a Metro station should serve your needs, but being near the "right" station for your plans is even better. Generally if you are not too far from the Seine - on either side - you'll have a choice of stations.

This will take you to a map:

www.ratp.info/orienter/cv/carteidf.php?lang=uk

Charm, location and less than 90 Euros may be tough. I'd go for comfort (bed size and arrangement) and location since as you say you won't be hanging out there all that much.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Might be close to your budget and very nice:

http://www.hotelbeaugralize.com/
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 05:57 PM

I visited Paris in December, stayed in The 11th and absolutely loved it. It had everything I wanted - metro, restaurants, shops for groceries, cheese, meat - but was quiet and like a neighborhood. When I was looking for apartments I found this area more reasonable than the slightly more central locations.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM

rentparis.com has a good many apartments in the 4th that are 95 euro for less than 6 nights. We have stayed in two of their apartments, and #30 is a nice little studio, very well located. One of Paris's best patisseries is downstairs!
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Agree that charm and location may be tough to come by for 90 a night, but rentparis property 27 shows available for your dates, looks decent and is in a good location.
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Last year, we stayed at the "La Coupole Apartment" from ParisBestLodge (800 Euros/week). Great area, 2 metro stops within a couple of blocks, boulangerie, fromagerie, a small market and a wine shop all within a few feet of the front door. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 05:34 AM

I always stay in the 11th Prince Eugene on blvd Voltaire very convienent to metro (Nations) and bus lines. Just got great rate thru booking.com for our August stay 14 nights 934 euro. Been there 2 times already. A repeat for us
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 05:38 AM

Also try looking at www.eurocheapo.com