Tony Hughes, Maira, Where are you guys?

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:18 AM
Missing you

Tony Hughes, Maira, Where are you guys?

Hey! You haven't been posting much lately. Are you off on another trip?

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:41 AM
Al Godon

Tony has used his knowledge of microbiology and metallurgy to perfect an airtight container for haggis in a tube. He is now in the haggis export business and is touring North America setting up haggis franchises under the name of Hughes Haggis House. <BR>There are two varieties: a low fat haggis flavored with Scotch Whisky and <BR>a smoky flavored full taste variety without additional flavorings. <BR>I understand that the haggis comes in 8 and 16 ounce tubes with screw caps. <BR>After opening, the tubes must be refrigerated unless consumed in 48 hours. <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:53 AM
Missing you

Very good, Al. To take a line from the movie, Steel Magnolias, 'you are a gen-u-wine Smarta**'. Thanks for the laugh!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 08:42 AM
dan woodlief

Tony was on the U.S. board about 1 1/2 months ago (even posted photos on the Web), while on a long trip to the states. Haven't heard anything since.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 08:59 AM
Dave

Haggis-in-a-tube is all we seem to hear about. What I want to know is, when is someone going to invent "EasyHaggis" in an aerosol can?

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 09:02 AM
Thyra

Dave, they already have that... it's called HaggisWiz but the only place I can get it is in frou frou gourmet shops. Sometimes you can score a can or two from a sidewalk meat seller.. but you have to really keep your eyes open.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 11:17 AM
wombat

I'm getting a vision of Tony . . . he looks for people with Fodors pins, then says, "Psst. Wanna buy a haggis?" <BR> <BR>If you're interested, he opens up his plaid raincoat and shows you the selections hanging inside. (He used to strap them to his arm like watches, but the coat works better.) <BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 11:52 AM
Cindy

Thyra, is it considered proper to shoot the HaggisInAnAerosolTube straight down your throat, like Cheeze Whiz and Readi-Whip?

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 11:52 AM
Al Godon

I like the raincoat idea better than I do having them under a kilt.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:04 PM
Bob Brown

Thyra: in response to your question. <BR>Be careful with the compressed Hagis in a can. As it gets down toward the end, the last portion of it can discharge with considerable force. You might spray someone unintentionally, which is indeed rude. The product is so new that rules of etiquette are not yet established. But let common sense guide you. You would not like to be sitting next to someone who blasted you in the ear with Reddi Whip. At least I would not. And using it on an airplane at 35,000 feet is particularly risky. <BR>You can strangle yourself that way. <BR>So etiquette aside, safety dictates that you don't do it. <BR>