Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Toddler friendly hotels: Madrid & Costa Del Sol/Benalmadena/Torremolinos?

Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

I am looking for a moderately priced ($150ish/night) hotel in both Madrid and the Benalmadena / Torremolinos area for the end of May, beginning of June. Our child will turn 2 on this trip, and I don't want to create a bad habit of sleeping between us - I hear this happens often on vacation and its hard to break a child of this kind of habit once you get home.

I already checked http://www.kidsinthemed.com/ and they either don't have hotels listed in the regions we want, or the hotels are a little out of our range.

Do you know of any hotels that offer cribs - I mean a real crib, not a "Pack N Play." (A "Pack N Play" is not a crib, its a small playpen.)

Any and all suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Beth
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

topping.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM

you could bring a kids aerobed or i think the baby bjorn company makes a travel bed. try it at home first. our 2yr old loves hers (although she uses it as a trampoline too). i started using that when she got too big for the pack and play.

not sure you'll find a real crib and some of them may be quite sketchy - old, unsafe, dirty.

and putting your child in the bed with you usually works and shouldn't create any unbreakable habits. just not terribly comfortable for you and your spouse.
Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Interesting suggestion, Sally. I never thought about a kids aerobed or cot! going to check into those right now!

keep any other suggestions coming, thanks!
Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:37 PM

Most hotels in Spain have triple rooms available, so you shouldn't have a problem. I would look at tripadvisor for ideas of hotels suitable for children, most in the Costa del Sol are. The end of May / beginning of June is a lovely time to travel to Spain - warm enough but not terribly hot. I would however make sure that you get a hotel with air conditioning in case you hit a hot week.