Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Today's competition: Paris Hotel. Must be around Marais. At least 906FF for a double. Not a FF more than FF1508. In March 2002.

Search

Today's competition: Paris Hotel. Must be around Marais. At least 906FF for a double. Not a FF more than FF1508. In March 2002.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Bjorn

Any ideas? <BR>Bjorn, Oslo

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 09:18 AM
Ursula

Bjorn hi! Just curious: Did the Pavillon de la Reine not work? That's definitely the nicest place in that particular area. But it's also known by (almost everybody). <BR>Otherwise, there are not too many real nice hotels (at least 3-stars) in the Marais area. <BR>I came across the Hotel Saint-Paul le Marais which is a 3-star. www.hotel-paris-marais.com <BR>Yoiu can also try your luck with the official website of Paris Tourist Office at <BR>www.paris-touristoffice.com <BR>Click English version, then "organize your stay", click then, "accommodation", then "hotels" and "75003" for the 3rd arrondissement (you can also add the price or métro stop). All places will show up some with direct links. Good luck.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 09:18 AM
elaine

Caron de Beaumarchais

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Book Chick

La Pavillon de la Reine at 28 place des Vosges (ph# 01.40.29.19.19, fax# 01.40.29.19.20) <BR> <BR>Also, the Hotel St-Merry at 78 rue de la Verrerie. (ph# 01.42.78.14.15, fax# 01.40.29.06.82) <BR> <BR>Best Wishes & Bon Voyage, <BR>BC

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 09:26 PM
b

Urula: Pav de la Reine seems like the far best. No doubt about it, and the also have vacancies for my time of travel. Question is, however, a matter of money. When going for business reasons, our tax governments set some limits on how much you are entitled to spend on hotel and on food. For Paris the current hotel limits are: Up to FF906 legitimation is not nessecary. Between 906 and 1508 a receipt is nessecary, and you also might be asked questions. Beyond 1508 a statement also must follow. <BR>So that's why. Just to find out how to utilize some tax-free money. When getting down to conclusion I very well might (and hope) end up with splurging at the Reine. <BR>Bjorn, Oslo <BR>

Old Aug 15th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Booboo

Hi. <BR> <BR>I second the motion on the St.-Merry. Also check out the Bretonnerie. Both are charming three-stars (and close to each other). Either way you won't be disappointed. <BR> <BR>You're welcome.