TO the person needing directions to the "dirty" named place in Austria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Map quest has the directions. I tried to post them in your thread but the system wouldn't allow me to do so.

If you really want to know how to get there use www.mapquest.com
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

http://fodors.com/forums/pgMessages....=0&start=0

Why can't I post this to the thread and other people can post to the thread.

I'm trying to tell the guy to go to the above site.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM

PLMN, rookie posters are barred from some threads. Fodors will send you special instructions once your probation period has expired.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 05:59 PM

PLMN, I linked your helpful response to the original thread.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Thank you mvor

I didn't know about the rookie business. Do you know how long you have to be a member before you are not a rookie anymore? This is the first time I have heard about this.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 07:40 PM

You should have received a new posters test by now. If not, send a message to fodors asking them when your rookie qualification test will be sent.

Take the test and expect the results in a few days.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 10:20 PM

degas
LOL
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 02:57 AM
Original Poster

degas,

Perhaps a bit mean.
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 03:17 AM

PLMN and mvor -

Thanks for taking my inquiry seriously and helping me find an answer to a legitimate travel question. I see the original thread has been pulled, but that's okay since there really wasn't any information being shared.

I am, however, happy that my question was able to provide a modicum of entertainment for my fellow Fodorites. I'm still amazed at the wit and humor of some of the posters on this board (Patrick, your answer was the best - slow transport, thank you!)

I was really hoping that someone has already been to ****ing, and could share info about the public transportation system, since we will not be driving. I have learned so far that the bus does not run through the town, but, if there is a bus that runs nearby, hiking would not be out of the question, as long as it's not too far.

I will continue my research and pass on any info I learn about this uniquely named Austrian hamlet, for anyone who is interested in travelling there someday (Helen/Melissa - can't remember your name from the original thread). Surely, out of all the experienced travellers on this board, someone has visited ****ing. Peace. >-

Robyn
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 05:32 PM

Degas has been snorting that stuff again.

He gets that way after a snootfull.
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 06:09 PM

artstuff, I don't know if you saw my post before the thread was pulled, but I would like to hear a report on the city-that-can't-be-named if/when you find it. Now that you have piqued my interest, I am really curious and may want to try to find it if it's not too difficult, the next time I pass Germany/Austria!

Good luck. I'm rooting for you!
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 06:59 PM

PLMN,
Our dear Illustrious Degas is one of our Favourite's poster of this Forum..
He is Witty, Funny and gave us a lots of laughters, when he writes about his European Adventures with his Little Darling Woman:Mrs.Degas...
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 07:01 PM

PLMN: Never believe a single word that thoroughly depraved and wicked creature Degas may ever tell you! The man is an infamously low down, double dealing, cross eyed snake.

That said, Phoebe, he was just goofing on you. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't have bothered. Just roll your eyes and sail on by.

Ever since his ballerinas packed up their tutu's and split, Degas has been in a snit.
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 07:03 PM

Lawsy, PLMN, degas does not have a mean bone in his body!
He was just pulling your leg ( and you better watch out, you don't want him grabbing your legs LOL)
We should post a Rookies Rules thread..that could be a hoot~

Old Oct 31st, 2004, 07:07 PM

Oui! Madame knows what she is talking about, Depraved Degas!!
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 07:13 PM

Dont let Degas catch you PLMN...

He knows his stuff..He was voted Fodor's Number One Gigolo....
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 07:33 PM

Great idea, Scarlett!

All aspiring Fodorite rookies shall be required to complete rookie boot camp. Their first task?

Carry all of m_kingdom's two-ton trunks from Brussels to Barcelona, all the while uttering paeans that praise her every pronouncement.

Adroitly sidestepping the sly advances of jesters like Degas (see above), all Fodorite rookies shall revere the wisdom of Those Truly In The Know and contribute whatever snippets they may gather like breadcrumbs along m_kingdom's trail. For snippets there will surely be, and among them will be gems.

Rookies will be required to acquire verbal skills that include the adept use of the cut and the jab. They will learn when to duck and when to fire, when to snivel and when to snarl. And always, how to snicker soundlessly in the anonymity of their dens.
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 07:56 PM

Perfect that curled upper lip when advising someone that NO ONE ever goes there anymore~
Use lots of words to describe things like everso, absolutelydivine, and my personal favorite FABULOUS~
Never take anything seriously, unless it is someone being kind.
And get over what happened to you in High School, it is ancient history.
and Rule Number One for Rookies
HAVE FUN.

Old Nov 1st, 2004, 04:09 AM

<b>MelissaHI</b> -

Check out the following link for more information on transportation to ****ing (thank you, Zeus, for the link).

http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/50a96/

Scroll half way down the page and click on &quot;transportation&quot; and you will discover that the un-named hamlet is located 30-40 minutes from Salzburg, between Salzburg and Braunau. As far as public transportation, the closest would be a bus that runs to Tarsdorf, which is 6 km. north of ****ing. Does anyone out there have a link to the bus schedules for this area?

If you are driving, one recommendation is to NOT use the Mapquest directions as they are very confusing, but instead check out viamichelin.com

Apparently this area in Austria is referred to as the &quot;Erotic Triangle&quot; of Oberostereich, as the towns of Petting and Moesendorf (pussy village) are also located there. Directions to both of these towns can also be found at the above link. And if you are so inclined, there are also directions to get you from Kissing (Germany) to ****ing.

BTW, thank you for your support on the pulled thread. I did get a chance to read it once, somewhere around midnight (I went to the theatre to see <i>Born Yesterday</i> by Garson Kanin, excellent play!). While I didn't mind everyone having fun with the thread, I was actually surprised that not one of the experienced world travellers who post on this board could honestly answer my inquiry. Peace. &gt;-

Robyn
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 04:23 AM

Robyn, since I am quit ignorant of this part of the world, I have a question. Is there anything about this Triangle that would draw &quot;world travelers&quot; aside from the names?
I was just wondering why you were surprised that no one could &quot;honestly answer your query&quot;..
There are places in the US that people (who live here) do not/cannot answer queries on, so I would not be that surprised , IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -