Reload this Page >

To Siena from Stazione Termini in Roma

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Shioban

Where does one change trains from the Rome-Florence line to Siena? I am trying to go by train from FCO all the way to Siena. For October travel, is it necessary to purchase the ticket ahead of time or can I just get one day of travel (same day I arrive in Italy)at Stazione Termini? Also, does anyone know if luggage storage is available in the Stazione Termini for 12-24 hours? -- or lockers or something like that? Any advice greatfully appreciated.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Sue

You have to change trains at Chiusi; no way around it, Rome to Siena. I had reservations in advance; don't know if I would have needed them, but this was in May.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Marilyn

I recently posted a similar question (but I was going to Orvieto rather than Siena) and received some excellent tips. The best was to buy my entire ticket at FCO. In other words, when you get your ticket at FCO into Roma Termini, also purchase your ticket from Termini to Siena at the same time. This will allow you to avoid the lines and confusion at Termini. I have also heard that the ticket sellers at FCO are very helpful. They can let you know where you need to change trains.<BR><BR>I'll top the old thread for you. It's got instructions on getting to the FCO-Termini express train, etc.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Walter

Self-Serve lockers are probably still closed (9-11) but there is a manned Left Luggage Service in Termini. It's alongside the last track in the main station area (track 24), there are 4 more tracks (26-29) a couple 100M down the tracks. Left Luggage Area is actually downstairs, so if you arrive by the Airport Train take the *moving* walkway down (not the 1st set of stairs you come across [exit]). If you arrive by taxi in the front or side of the station also go downstairs. This will bypass the line/queue for the elevator that goes down to the Left Luggage Area alongside Track 24. You can store your bag for days/weeks. Regards, Walter

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Shioban

Thanks Sue, Marilyn, and Walter for the train and Stazione tips. I take everyone's advice and get all the tickets at FCO.