I am beginning to wrap my head around a trip to Europe for the first time. First thing you should know is that I am a nervous traveler...but ready to see some of this world! To not get too overwhelmed my husband and I decided to keep it simple and go to Italy, particularly Rome.Oh and we are thinking of either going in the Spring (may) or Fall (late Sept early Oct). I think we may just focus on Rome, however, he would also like to do a "beach". Many people have recommended Amafi but I've also heard when in Rome see it b/c you can go to a beach anywhere.....others have recommended the Cinque Terre (sp?) area. Now it looks like both of these later destinations are a hike from Rome. If we are in Italy for about 7-8 days (not including travel time) is it worth it to travel to these places or will we feel rushed. As for what we want to see in Rome...I have no idea besides the colosseum (huge fan of ruins). Suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see some sights and then also spend some time doing as the Romans do and relax at cafe's and walk....We also love wine so not sure if we could do a day trip to Tuscany? Or is it better to do Rome for 4-5 days and see Florence an skip the beach/coastal town idea?
Since I am not well traveled is the train system ok to figure out? I hear there is a bus system in Rome that works pretty well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Travels everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 two days in rome
- 2 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 3 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 4 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 5 Avignon
- 6 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 7 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 8 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 14 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 15 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 16 Budget trip
- 17 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 18 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 19 Favorite London memories
- 20 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 21 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 22 Provence Trip Report
- 23 8 months around Europe
- 24 Tentative Spain/France Basque region itinerary
- 25 9 Day Paris & Rome with Family