To Go Or Not To Go?

Old Oct 7th, 2001, 05:41 PM
Erni Hirsch
Posts: n/a
To Go Or Not To Go?

Saturday we are scheduled to fly from Fl. to N.Y. and on to Prague. After a few days on our own, we planned to join a mainly American Tour Group and travel to Budapest, Vienna and Munich. We are concerned about traveling abroad, about being a part of an American tour group and about not being able to get back if problems escalate. Though I still want to go and think we need to live our lives as normally as possible, my husband is having second thoughts.

Is there anyone out there in this circumstance? If so , I would like to hear from you.
Old Oct 7th, 2001, 05:50 PM
Posts: n/a
YES! ME TOO. Same story, different country.I dont know what to do either.I still want to go, let me know what happens.The travel advisery doesnt say not to go so I guess its still on.what does everyone else think and dont try to spare our feelings, if you think that we are selfish and stupid go ahead and put it out there.
Old Oct 7th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Posts: n/a
My husband and myself were scheduled to go to Greece the middle of November.It was to be a tour for pastor's, only. There was to be 48 pastor's attending from the USA.We decided not to go.We are
going to loose a sizable amount of money in canceling.But I guess it is better safe than sorry.
Old Oct 7th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Posts: n/a
We're in the same boat; supposed to leave for Italy on Tues. My husband still wants to go and I'm feeling very apprehensive. I fly for a living so that is not the problem. I know that the US is not particularly safe these days so it's not even a safety issue. I think I just want to be close to home if something major happens within the next month. I'm struggling with whether I should live my life based on the fear of something that has not happened and may not happen.
Old Oct 7th, 2001, 09:24 PM
Posts: n/a
Fodors doesn't want people to even mention this as we can see from its massive censoring of threads and postings on this subject since the Sept 11th events, but I think it's downright dangerous to travel now. See the State dept worldwide caution posted on their web site. The second worldwide caution in less than a week. They said to limit your travel movements. And if they say it I'm sure they mean it and know of what they speak.
Old Oct 8th, 2001, 02:32 AM
Posts: n/a
I was scheduled to fly from Australia to Munich (via Malaysia) last Thursday and visit most of the places you mention. I decided not to go.

My position is slightly different to yours as I am comparing my safety in Australia to Europe - while you are comparing US to Europe. But I was also concerned about the areas I would be flying through.

To go or not to go? This is such a difficult question, that many of us have been dealing with over the last couple of weeks. All I can say is, given latest developments, I am happy with my decision. If things settle down, I will go to Europe next year.
Old Oct 8th, 2001, 04:44 AM
Posts: n/a
I am concerned because my mother is taking a Mediterranean cruise on Oct 20 (Barcelona, Nice, Rome, Venice) and I believe she will be part of a large group of US seniors travelling together. If she was going to another part of Europe (Poland, Scandinavia), I would not be so concerned, but after yesterday's news, I am getting quite concerned.
Old Oct 8th, 2001, 05:41 AM
Posts: n/a
We are in the same predicament. Scheduled to leave later this week. At this point, we are still planning on going, with the reasoning that one is really not safe anywhere. We considered changing our destination to somewhere within the U.S., but figured that U.S. destinations could be at even greater risk. We are still weighing the situation day by day, but are inclined to go at this point.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:21 AM.