I have a 5-6 days trip planned in Switzerland in the first week of October with my husband. We will be flying in and out of Geneva. I have finalized the last 2 days to be spent in Montreux so its closer to Geneva airport.
For the other 3 days, I am confused between Lucerne or jungfraujoch (Wengen, Lauterbrunnen) region as base - this can be decided if I zero in on the peaks I want to go!
What is a MUST MUST VISIT among Mt. Titlis - Mt. Pilatus - Jungrau - Mt. Schilthorn - maybe only 1 or max. 2 out of these? If I finalize these, I may be able to chose my base area too. I am reading mixed reviews on what's the must see! And I want to do one or two best out of these, not all due to time limitations.
Where can I find great snow out of these - coz that would be a fascination for me!
I am inclined towards Jungrau, but Mt. Titlis seems so popular with its cable car etc. I dont want skipping that and then people making me feel how could I do a Swiss trip without Titlis!!!
Also, please suggest any good and not too expensive hotels in these regions. Additionally, which rail pass should I buy for my entire trip? I will be doing Golden Pass from Lucerne to Montreux.
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 land vs river cruise
- 9 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 12 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Where to stay in Naples?
- 23 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 European honeymoon help needed
Titlis vs. Pilatus vs. Jungraujoch vs. Schilthorn?? Confused