Notices

Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market

Dec 7th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market

I have read about the market in Tire. With my scheduled flight I can only get to the market in the afternoon. When do the market stalls usually close?
Dec 8th, 2013, 02:06 AM

I hope you realize that there are weekly markets in every sizable town in Turkey. Most are very similar in terms of the variety and quality of produce and goods sold. In fact there are professional regional market stall owners who travel from one to another market within the region every day. The only differences would be the local village producers who bring their own produce to the markets.

Hence, Selcuk market (Saturdays) is possibly as big and interesting as the Tire or the Odemis market.

In fact, visiting the Odemis market instead of Tire would give you the additional chance of visiting the early Turkish town of Birgi with its very interesting old mansion and mosque that are definitely worth the few extra kilometers.

I hope your timing allows at least one market.

And, to remind you, the biggest markets, with better quality merchandize and produce are the Tuesday market at Kadikoy, Istanbul and the Sunday market at Alacati-Cesme.
Dec 8th, 2013, 09:32 AM

Sorry, forgot to respond to your open ended question :

The closing time of the markets depend on the time of the year and the location.

From as early as 5PM in December and January in small towns to 10 PM at touristic areas and possibly 8-9PM in large cities in the Summer.

Search this Thread