Tirano to Venice

Search

Tirano to Venice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tirano to Venice

What is the best way to get from Tirano to Venice? We will be arriving in Tirano with the Bernina Express Train (from St-Moritz, Switzerland) and then want to proceed to Venice. Any ideas???
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 11:28 AM

Probably to go thru Milan even though there is sporadic bus service to Edolo from Tirano; Edolo is the end of a sideline train line to Brescia on the mainline to Venice. But it's much quicker going thru Milano and changing there to Venice trains. 2.5 hrs by abouthourly train Tirano-Milano (exit the Swiss station, go thru customs there and walk across the square to the Italian station a few steps away). Check train schedules at www.bahn.de - the German rail site that gives schedules for all of Europe (easy way to wade thru the German site and get the English schedule page where you just put in Tirano and Venice and get all the train times and routings is to go to: www.budgeteuropetravel.com and on the home page click on "All European Railway Schedules" and you instantly get the German site's English schedule page - the home page also gives several tips on how to use the German site. Alternatively you can use the more frustrating, often in my experience, Italian rail web site: www.trenitalia.com - if buying tickets you can get discounts on the Italian site if act far enough in advance as cheap tickets are often limited supply. Or if you have a railpass that's all moot.
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

To PalQ,

Thanks so much for the info. I went to www.budgeteuropetravel.com and immediately got all the information I needed! Great help!!!