I need help in organizing a trip to the UK. We are four travelers: my parents, DH and I. I´ve never been to the UK before, my parents and husband have been to London.
The idea for this trip came from my husband who collects scotch and wants to do a scotch tasting in Scotland and visit the distilleries. His favorites are Johnnie Walker, Macallan and Glenlivet, the distilleries for these 3 brands are in Speyside, so we decided to go to London, Edinburgh and Speyside.
Before starting all the planning I want to know how many days I should plan for every city. We have between 11 and 13 days for our trip. We are going from around March 19th until the 30th.
I was thinking 4 or 5 nights in London, 3 nights in Edinburgh and 3 or 4 nights for the whisky trail. Do you think that will be enough?
For the whisky trail, where can we stay? I found some nice B&B´s in Inverness, should I look for any other places where we can stay? Is Inverness close enough?
What other things can we do around Speyside aside from visiting the distilleries?
Do you recommend driving, flying or train between our 3 destinations?
I guess we need a car in Speyside, where can we rent one?
Any additional info on hotels, restaurants, and things to do is very welcome.
Thanks in advance for your help, I know I can always count on great advice from this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 Trans Siberian Train
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Scotland ideas
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 9 London vacation rental agency
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 13 South of France
- 14 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 15 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 16 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 17 My France Vacation
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 20 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 21 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 22 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?