We will be picking up our rental car at FCO the morning of Tuesday, 5 April. We would like to visit Villa d'Este en route to Paestum (yes, I know it isn't on the way!, but we have two sons under age 5 and need to get their energy out before the 3+ hour drive to Campania - and the royal palace at Caserta, which would be on the way, is closed on Tuesdays).
Any tips for where to park? We have visited Villa Adriana in Tivoli several years ago when our oldest was a baby, but we took a taxi and I did not pay much attention to how well signposted the town was. I'd appreciate any and all info on navigating the city, locating parking, etc.
P.S. To my many Fodorite friends of more than a decade... I know I've been quiet on these boards for quite some time. If you'd like to know what we have been up to, here is a link to an essay I published about our oldest son and our journey with him. He is my daily, living proof that miracles can happen with hard work. https://www.autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/11/09/ties-bind-letter-my-son-autism-his-birthday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 2 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 5 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 6 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 7 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 8 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 11 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 14 Best Greek Island
- 15 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 16 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 17 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 18 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 19 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 23 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 24 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 25 The World's Greatest Churches
Tips for Villa d'Este (Tivoli) via car? (and an overdue update from TA)