Tips for Croatia with a 15 month old

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone has travelled with a little one and could give us their tips on what places/sites would work best (in Dalmatia), we're all ears. We won;t have a car and - for example- we're not so sure she'd last 5-6 hours on a bus from Split to Dubrovnik for.
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 05:20 PM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34651372

check out post by stilli on Croatia: Travelling with Toddler

I also posted some notes about my trip

I prefered ferry to bus (even though longer) because easier to wander about, for my then 2 year old and 5 year old.

We loved hanging out in Hvar, going to the beaches, eating ice cream

Dubrovnik was lovely but we had scheduled 6 nights there and it was too long. I find time in a city with kids a little trickier (mine were less inclined to stay in a stroller so this made traffic etc an issue).

We loved day trip to Mlijet from Dubrovnik

Happy to answer other questions too
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 05:30 PM

I agree with the ferry suggestion. You'll be happy to be able to move around. And the views are beautiful. I met a couple in Dubrovnik with a baby your's age and they seemed to be managing fine with a stroller.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks SFmaster and Catbert for your feedback- and esp. for the link to the othet more detailed post by Stilli.

btw..sfmaster- is your moniker related to San Francisco by chance? Just wondered since we live there.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 08:04 PM

Well I was SF Master - but alas my husband's job brought me to Atlanta last year. A very pleasant place to live but I still miss many things about SF. I am a many generation N Californian so it is in my blood.

I however like the shorter flights to Europe! Well maybe mostly in concept than in practice, but still a chance to dream.

My husband I have often said that if we had gone to Croatia after a year in Atlanta we would have been twice as stunned by the views and scenery. It is glorious. However, we went when we lived in San Francisco, and while it is definately different, lovely water vistas and an abundance of fantastic pastries weren't quite as rare in those days.