I have a trip planned in September to Turkey with two friends. The topic of tipping, when, to whom, and how much, has become such a talked about subject that I am now totally confused.
The subject when it came up with my travelling friends started as a seemingly easy decision to make, but it evolved to the point where we are all unsure.
When in doubt, I tend to tip. When I'm unsure of how much should be tipped, I add a little extra. This is especially true when travelling with these two friends, partly due to the fact that I feel one of my friends under tips (she does not believe so).
Could you help? I would love some personal guidelines for hotel tipping, private guide tipping, public tour group tipping, restaurant tipping, taxi tipping...any old tipping you can think of and help with!!
Thank you. we are exhausted!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to See Flamenco
- 2 Rail vs. Plane
- 3 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 4 Arezzo - how much time?
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 2 week May trip with kids
- 8 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 11 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 12 New Years in France
- 13 Easter Week in Italy
- 14 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 15 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 16 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 17 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 18 Which Aran Island??
- 19 Spain or Portugal
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 25 9 day trip to France