Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Time Shares Places, Enland & Scotland (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/time-shares-places-enland-and-scotland-49483/)

AJ Jul 27th, 1999 09:03 AM

Time Shares Places, Enland & Scotland

Has anyone every used/stayed at time share in Enland. I know that there are a few places in England, Scotland, Whales, and Ireland. <BR> <BR>We are thinking of trading two weeks next year, but are not sure which area we want to stay in. (Lake District, Southern England, Central Scotland)

Sheila Jul 27th, 1999 09:52 AM

Dear AJ <BR> <BR>I have stayed twice at Kenmore; and my family have a timeshare at Aviemore and I know Kinloch Rannoch and Craigendarroch and Loch Melfort quite well. <BR> <BR>All are in beuatiful places and are quite well appointed. Kittie (elsewhere in these postings is staying at Kinloch rannoch in October. Would you like to know anything about them in particular? <BR> <BR>Incidentally they are all in Scotland (which is not in England)

AJ Jul 27th, 1999 01:24 PM

Shiela, Thanks for the information. <BR> <BR>I was trying to get one week in England, and one week in Scotland. I just sure of the area's I wanted to stay in. I think we will also stay in London area at a hotel a few days. <BR> <BR>I was trying for something central located in Scotland, so we could take day trips. I have been to Scotland before, but the other couple going with us never were. <BR> <BR>Trying to plan some really great things for them to see and do. <BR> <BR>Any advise is great. Thanks <BR>

Sheila Jul 27th, 1999 02:09 PM

AJ <BR> <BR>Of the ones I mentioned, Kenmore is the mos geographically central but it is still a bit remote.It's at the bottom of Loch tay, and is a small planned village with a very nice Inn which claims to be the oldest in Scotland. It's about 45 miles from Perth, and 15 miles or sowest of Pitlochry which is on the A9, the main Glasgow-Inverness road. You could do Oban or Fort william in a day as well. <BR> <BR>The time share is built in the walled garden of an old a nd demolished mansion house and are two/three bedroomed houses, very well furnished and appointed. the garden is on the Lochside. ther is a gym and a pool and watersport on the loch. You ar near good mountains and one of Scotland's best restaurants- the Farleyer. <BR> <BR>I have howver remembered that there is a place in the cente of Edinburgh-the Edinburgh club- which is time share too. The style is classy gentleman's club. But I haven't been there. <BR> <BR>I think there is a timeshare at Kilconquahr in Fife (pronounced Kinyuchar), but I don't know much about it. Try asking Tony Hughes- he's a Fifer (Stellarossa s his e-mail nickname) <BR> <BR>If you want more on any of this, ask.

Kittie Jul 27th, 1999 03:33 PM

Hi AJ. <BR>Sheila is right. I will be staying at the Loch Rannoch Hotel and Highland Club (as they call themselves)in late Oct.-early Nov. this year. It seems a little remote which I like, but also seems to be central for day trips. <BR>I did my exchange in May for the week in October. <BR>Please feel free to email me later this year to see how things went. <BR>Sheila has been a wealth of information on Scotland. Thank you Sheila! <BR>Kittie <BR>

Brenda Jun 18th, 2000 03:26 AM

Dear AJ, <BR> <BR>Put your request in for exchanging well in advance. We were trying to trade for something in England and after 10 months I had to go with B & B's. I was told it takes an average of 18 months to exchange. <BR> <BR>We have several weeks of timeshare, anyone out there interested in trading or renting iin the USA? We own in the North Carolina Mountains, and Sedona, Arizona. <BR>Have Patience, <BR>BB

Candace Jun 18th, 2000 05:18 AM

I am staying at the Craigenrroch in Braemer the first week in July and Brantridge Park in Ballater West Sussex the second week they are both Gold Crown and I was able to book them the day I called which was over a year ago. However, I was trying to get a week in London to and cancelled the search after 6 months I probably could have eventually received one but I purchased <BR>Crown Marketing packages from www.UBID.Com.. If you join www.timeshare-users-group.com you can look at reveiews of people who have stayed at many timeshares.(It costs $15 annually) If you want me to give a ranking on one you are looking at let me know. After I get back I'll let you know about the two I'm staying at.

Alice Jun 19th, 2000 06:01 AM

Thanks everyone for the information. <BR> <BR>I was lucky and was able to get a week in Scotland. We just came back at the end of May. We had a wonderful time, stayed at Dalfaber Resort in Aviemore, Scotland. (Off the A9) The place was beautiful; we had a 3-bedroom lodge, with two bathroom, huge kitchen, dinning area, and very nice family room. Our back porch/conservatory over looked the River Spey. The mountains view was just great; there was still snow on the top. The country club was beautiful with a great indoor swimming pool, plus other items. I have no complaints and am will try again to stay there next year. <BR> <BR>The week in England, we just stayed at a few B&B'S in North Devon. We had a wonderful time, lovely area. I cannot wait to go back again. <BR>