Time of postings?

Search

Time of postings?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time of postings?

Question, does it seem to make any difference what time of day you put a posting on. I usually go on line late at night, say 11:30 p.m. or sometimes even after midnight. Would I get better responds if I go on earlier in the day?
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 08:20 AM

Where are you?
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 08:24 AM

Well, after 11:30 p.m. (eastern) most folks east of the Mississippi are going to bed, most folks in Europe are beginning to wake up and get off to work, and folks in the western USA are still in the middle of the evening.

Late at night things slow down - but the next day all the interesting threads get topped so you will still get responses. Post when it is convenient for you . . . . .
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 11:47 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
...and 'top' it yourself if you feel it's getting lost.

I think having a clear, specific title on the post is more important for getting responses.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Lallie, I don't think it matters so much when you post, but you do need to keep an eye on your post. If it receives no response and drops below the top 50, you may want to "top" it yourself.

I assume you know that you can click on your own name and all posts you have contributed to will appear in the left portion of the screen.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 01:59 PM

This actually has nothing to do with your post...
I just had to tell you that I love your name. My Grandmother was named Lallie, but I never met another. It warmed my heart to see the name again.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your answers.

I am in the USA. And I am a night owl. That's why I am up at that hour.

I had thought about "topping" one of my postings, however being "new" (just since the last of May) I didn't want to break any of the rules. I wasn't sure how far down most people scroll. I assume most people don't read 100 -200 of these postings a day.
Another question. When people supply their e-mail addresses, does that usually mean they don't mind getting personal e-mails regarding answers they give? Sure enjoy the friendly advise I have received so far.

Lallie is my nickname given to me many years ago by a close friend. Also have two nicknames, it just depends on whom I am around, family, friends, or co-workers.
I am on early tonight, as I decided to check this thread for advise on posting eairler. Everyone enjoy your evening.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 03:55 PM

Personally, I do not mind receiving direct questions regarding a post. That's why I "reveal" my email address. I would guess that is the case for others as well.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 04:02 PM

It's true for me too Lallie. If I didn't want people to e-mail me I wouldn't post my address. I've even met a few posters in person which was a lot of fun.

By the way, if you don't want to give out your "real" e-mail address sign up for a freebie on hotmail or the like and put that address here.

My listed address is real, but it's not my primary one.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 04:23 PM

Ditto. My hotmail account is the lowest of the low, in my email hierarchy.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 04:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the board then, Lallie! My email address doesn't show by my sign-in name, but often I give it in the body of a post, and (speaking for myself) that means I'm more than happy to correspond directly with someone about the topic, opinion, tip, recommendation, or piece of advice.

Depends on how my day is going, sometimes I *will* scroll thru 200 posts (!) although certainly not reading every one- but going back to funny ones, ones I've posted on, using a Search for favorite cities that I might have something to add... like that.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:58 PM

Different people will react differently, Lallie. I, too, don't mind emails.

Having watched this place for over 4 years, and posting,as I do, from the UK, you can see what happens as the world moves.

It's pretty quiet now (7am, BST), and about 11am, we start to get your eastern seaboard kick in. It gets busier all through till about 11pm at night, my time then calms down again.

People like me, who stick around, run through every post (I don't read them all, for heaven's sakes) but I look at what's been asked, since I was last here- even if it's a couple of days since I was online. I tend to lose it when I go on holiday but otherwise....

Those who are here for a brief time, probably look for their own posts and they may chip in if they see something they can help with
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 10:20 PM

Hi Sheila! This board gets so darn quiet by 11pm Pacific Time. Calamari used to be on sometimes, but she's in Italy. And I'm a nightowl who rarely turns in before midnight. So I guess I have to look to you early risers in the UK. Hope you have a lovely Tuesday.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 10:56 PM

On another Board I lurk on, we have a daily post called "Good Night and Good Morning" because the Californian nightowls are still up when the Europeans rise
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 11:25 PM

Yoohoo, I was here but now I am going to bed, good night Marilyn and Sheila.

I have to sort out my trip photos tomorrow morning!
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 01:28 AM

We're all eagerly awaiting your trip photos, SeaUrchin!