Tickets to Sagrada Familia

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having trouble understanding the advance ticketing options for an individual. There is a website www.telentrada.com for pre-purchase. It appears to me that this is for three different times of day - morning, afternoon, and evening. Am I correct? It also appears that you can't advance purchase a guided tour. That is OK since I would probably get the audioguide.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM
yk

When I clicked on the 09:00 ticket, it appears that it is valid between 09:00-13:00, so I assume that means you can show up anytime between 9 to 1.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:17 AM

I was curious too, so I did a dummy booking for our dates, for the 2 pm session. It appears that the 2 pm session is valid from 2-4 pm, while the 4 pm session tix are valid for 4-6 pm.
The surcharge for booking online appears to be 1.50 per ticket.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
yk

Maribel - do you know if this is a new thing? It would be great to avoid standing in line for Sagrada Familia... well worth the 1,50 euro charge!

The other attraction I would consider getting tickets in advance is Casa Batllo.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM

Hi yk,
Yes, it's new. And TeleEntrada sells tix for the Casa Batlló as well.
Or if you purchase them at the Barcelona Turisme on line shop, you get a 10% discount.

http://bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM

yk,
I just read the fine print about picking up tix with a TeleEntrada purchase. You still must pick up your real ticket either from a Caixa Catalunya ATM (up to 24 hrs. in advance) or at the Tourist Office at P. de Catalunya or at the ticket windows themselves.

What I don't know is if there is a special ticket booth at either venue for trading these vouchers for tix.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM
yk

Hi Maribel

When I look at Sagrada Familia's website, under the tickets information section, ( http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng...informacio.php ) it says:

<i>Tickets may be purchased at TEL-ENTRADES
Tel.: 902 101 212
www.telentrada.com
Ticket collection and preferential access at the Information Point. Avoid queues! </i>

The way I interpret it, it seems like one can pre-purchase tickets on the telentrada website and pick up at the booth right at Sagrada Familia.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM

yk,
I'd interpret that the same way-that there's a special booth, "preferential access" for online tix pick-ups at Sagrada Familia. Don't know about a special online tix window at Casa Batlló.
I'll be able to tell you in a couple of weeks, or better still, someone can probably tell us right now!
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 02:08 PM

As I may be going to Barcelona soon, I'd like to know how did you all get on with these tickets?
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:38 PM

I can't answer the ticket question .. but I can provide some information about getting the elevator to the top. We did not want to wait 1 hour + for the elevator to gain access to the towers, so we just walked around the inside and as we were ready to exit at the back, there was another elevator that had no line and access to the rear facade and no crowds .. it was GREAT!
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:43 PM

bookmarking

I didn't know you could get advance tickets for this

amy
Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM

Can anyone confirm that this is how the Sagrada Familia advance tickets work - that the 9am ticket can be used to enter anytime between 9am and 1pm (and the 2pm for 2-4pm and 4pm for 4-6pm)? Also, do we just pick up the tickets from a special window at the church? Thanks!
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 10:48 AM

I live in Barcelona and decided to find out direct from the ticket office for my aunt's visit:

1) You can buy your ticket(s) online at www.servicaixa.com. Or directly at one of the ATM machines of the bank 'La Caixa'. There are many of these machines in Barcelona, including within close proximity to the Sagrada Familia.

If you buy your ticket online, you can print it out as a valid ticket or pick it up using the same credit card at an ATM machine. Be sure to use an ATM machine that has the ability to print your ticket - these are usually more sophisticated (noted by the number of slots available on the outside) and are usually located inside the bank itself.

Beware: you can only choose one of these two options - the other will automatically make itself unavailable when you choose an option.

2) There are two types of tickets available: General visit ticket or General visit ticket with audio guide.

If you would like to buy the guided tour or use of the elevator - this you pay for extra in person at the ticket booth. All that they require is you have a General visit ticket and the rest they take care of at the ticket booth.

When you book your ticket, the time allocated is valid for an hour e.g. 9-10h, 14-15h.

If you would like to go on a guided tour, check the schedules at the official website www.sagradafamilia.cat and book your ticket in the hour slot before so you are there in time to pick up the ticket and reserve your place e.g. tour at 11h, book 10-11h ticket time.

3) When you arrive at the Sagrada Familia, there is a ticket booth dedicated to those whom have purchased it in advance. Go straight there, and beat the loooong queue!

---

Telentrada sells advance tickets for Casa Batllo and La Pedrera - www.telentrada.com

This system only gives the option to pick up the ticket at one of their ATM machines before to present at the ticket office. Be sure to use an ATM machine that has the ability to print your ticket - these are usually more sophisticated (noted by the number of slots available on the outside) and are usually located inside the bank itself.

I wish you a great trip!
Charlotte @ www.reflexologiabarcelona.com
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 10:57 AM
yk

Charlotte, thanks for explaining it! I'm heading back to Barcelona later this year, so it's great to know that the Sagrada Familia advance tickets do let you skip the long line at the entrance!
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 05:48 PM
ita

Is it true that after taking the elevator up, you have to walk down the stairs?
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 06:05 AM

We were there in Dec and did not know about the advance tic option but we went as soon as it opened. No line, no problem. BUT about 1 1/2 hr later the line was awful, so just go early and you won't be locked into a ticket time.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Hello,

another easier option would be to book a guided tour in advance with an official local guide, so you won´t have to queue. www.skipthelinebarcelona.com