Tickets to Palais Garnier

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the performance I would like to see is not available for online ticket sale, what do I do? Just wait until my holiday and hoof it over to the Palais Garnier? Or is there any way I can get tickets further in advance? This is stressing out the planner in me.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which show-- it already sold out, or has it not gone on sale yet? If the former, keep checking back on the site everyday-- a few seats often reappear. If the latter, poke around the site some more and there's a page somewhere that says when each show goes on sale online (and set your alarm clock the previous night for 8am their time).
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 10:08 AM

Found it-- here's the link to the list of dates when each production goes on sale:
http://www.operadeparis.fr/cns11/liv...x.php?&lang=fr
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Thank you--you are the best! I could not find that page. It's the Proust. I want to re-read In Search of Lost Time (or what I can get through, anyway) before seeing this so need to start early.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 10:16 AM

Oh, that's what I was looking at yesterday! I have an extra week off this year and saw some cheap fares, so I was hoping to go the last week of May, but the cheap apartment I wanted is not available for that time. (Now I may be going to Rome with Mom instead). Please do report back about the Proust if you see it!
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Hah, I was in Rome with my Mom over New Year. A family holiday led me to seek out a week solo in Paris--at any cost. Always seems to do the trick.

If you're referring to Dave in Paris's place, I had contacted them as well. They were booked but did recommend another place in the 15th, which I didn't end up renting. You might ask about that in the future.

Have a fantastic time in Roma!