Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Tickets to climb Florence's Duomo? Pisa Tower?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Beverly

Hello all!<BR><BR>Do you need advance tickets to climb to the top of the Duomo? When is the best time of day to do this?<BR><BR>And for the tower in Pisa, can you make reservations to climb it also? I've checked the oficial website at www.duomo.pisa.it but can't locate the ticketing page.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Beverly

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Amy

The best time to climb the Duomo is the time of day that you have the most energy....enjoy the 463 step climb! Whew!! (It is definitely worth the climb though!) The Cupola opens at 8:30 Mon-Sat...I would go at that time.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Helen Donegan

For information about the leaning tower of Pisa look at the bottom of the following page:<BR>http://www.italywithus.com/main_page...vorites_a.html

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 01:16 PM
pam

You can also climb the campanile in Florence, which in addition to being a few steps shorter, provides a view of the dome. I'd guess that any line might be shorter for the campanile than for the dome.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Beverly

Thanks for the info - I'll check it out!<BR><BR>Beverly