Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   TIckets ot MY FAIR LADY (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/tickets-ot-my-fair-lady-113825/)

sandra Mar 21st, 2001 11:48 AM

TIckets ot MY FAIR LADY

I have tried various websites and cannot find any availlable to tickets to My Fair Lady, anyone have any suggestions as to how to get them. i am looking for tickets for early April. <BR> <BR>thanks

Patrick Mar 21st, 2001 01:01 PM

The entire run is totally sold out, so other than going through a broker who happens to have some tickets and will certainly demand a high price for them, I'm afraid you are out of luck. The National does have some day of show tickets available at the theatre, but it would be a long shot to try for those unless you wanted to waste half a day from very early in the morning standing in line for them to open. Maybe you'll have to return to London in the next year. It is assumed that this limited engagement production will move to the West End and I venture to say it will play for quite a long time when it does. But here's hoping someone will know of some special "source" for tickets.

sandra Mar 23rd, 2001 07:53 PM

thanks patrick we will be staying at the kensington hilton and hopefully the consierge can get them for me. It's something i want to see so i will pay thru the nose for them. it's the same way here in new york, if you wnat to see show concert etc you go thru a scalper and pay dearly. since this is a special mother daughter trip , my mom and i want to see it so we pay the scalper. i had no trouble with tickets for king & i or imp of being ernest thru ticket master , so 2 out of 3 is not such a bad average

sandra Mar 23rd, 2001 07:53 PM

thanks patrick we will be staying at the kensington hilton and hopefully the consierge can get them for me. It's something i want to see so i will pay thru the nose for them. it's the same way here in new york, if you wnat to see show concert etc you go thru a scalper and pay dearly. since this is a special mother daughter trip , my mom and i want to see it so we pay the scalper. i had no trouble with tickets for king & i or imp of being ernest thru ticket master , so 2 out of 3 is not such a bad average

len Mar 27th, 2001 08:20 AM

We got tickets last week by queing outside the National Theatre boxoffice...I read on their site before we left people had been there as early as 8am , the boxoffice opens at 10 am. We got there at 830 am , had a pleasent visit with others waiting, were in at 10 am , had our tickets and on our way by 1010am.....the others in our party got tickets for the London Eye while we waited, and we were on that by 1030 am....nothing in London but the Tower opens before 10 am anyway, so we did not feel we " wasted half a day " . It was very painless. and we had great tickets in the side slips, nicer after a long day of touring cause we could wiggle around a bit without disturbing those behind us. The show was a delight, everyone in our family of 4 loved it ....it was recommended by someone on Fodors .....a great choice.The cafe on the 3rd floor had interesting food also for pre theatre dinner.....

Lori Mar 27th, 2001 10:18 AM

While it isn't going to help Sandra I just read that My Fair Lady would open at the Royal Drury Lane Theater on July 21 with Jonathan Pryce still playing Prof. Higgens, along with the rest of the cast from the National Theater. I also tried to get tickets for April but could not - since we are seeing 4 other shows I think we will just skip this one this time around as standing in line for an hour and a half does not appeal to me.