I am planning my honeymoon and thinking of going to Ticino region for 4 whole days during the last week of October. I will be coming from Bernese Oberland area. I am weighing in if I will stay in Lugano, Locarno or Ascona or maybe some other area? I will not be driving so I will just be relying on public transportation. I know this is not the best time to go to Switzerland but it is the only time I can go.
Which place do you is the best city/town to stay among the three? I love beautiful scenery and just walking around enjoying the view. I like to be able to have options to go to. Will the ferries and furnicular be operating at that time?
I understand that this is he off season for tourists. Does anybody know if all three places will be quiet and dead during that time or still very interesting?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 3 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 4 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 5 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Getting around Lisbon
- 9 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 10 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 11 Milan airport--which one
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Which Area in London?
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Visit to France
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017