I am planning to spend 5 days in Ticino Canton in September and am hoping for help/suggestions on an itinerary. I'll be flying into/out of Zurich and renting a car.
I'd like to hit:
-Bellinzona, for the castles (1 night)
-Ascona (1 night)
-Lugano (2 nights)
-Brissago islands (daytrip from Ascona)
My questions are:
1. Is it worth spending a night in Bellinzona? (I've heard there isn't much in town but the lit up castles at night are worth it).
2. Would it be better to spend 3 nights in Lugano and daytrip to Ascona (and the Brissago Islands)?
3. Is there anywhere else in Ticino Canton that I should visit? Not to be missed places?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER @ I8OO*68I*72O8 in$tallation CONTACT HP PRINTER Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 7 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 8 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 London vacation rental agency
- 12 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 13 Scotland ideas
- 14 land vs river cruise
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 20 Trans Siberian Train
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 South of France
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 25 My France Vacation