Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Through bidding on priceline, has anyone ever stayed at Trafalgar Hilton, Amsterdam Hilton, Paris Hilton or Conrad Brussels?

Search

Through bidding on priceline, has anyone ever stayed at Trafalgar Hilton, Amsterdam Hilton, Paris Hilton or Conrad Brussels?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 09:31 PM
quinty

I have never used priceline at all - don't care for the unknown factor. Just wondering if anyone has ever bid and ended up at a Hilton, and if so, for how much? <BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Dennis

I have stayed at the Paris Hilton and the Conrad Brussels Hilton. Both are excellent hotels. They cater to both liesure and business travelers. The Conrad is modern structure in the business district not far from old town center and new it is tastefully decorated in a traditional old world way. <BR><BR>The Paris Hilton comands a great location beside the Eiffel tower, so it is very romantic at night. It is in a quite and elegant part of town within walking distance to restaurants and a metro ride away from everything. Splurge here and get an executive room. They come with access to the executive lounge that will include daily breakfast and light snaks throughout the day. It's a nice place to unwind, stare at the tower and plan your day.<BR><BR>Both hotels will have a good amount of business travelers, so if you want an old world experience from the place you stay, don't choose these. Choose a grand Palace hotel in Paris like the Maurice, or Crillon, even the Duc St. Simon is lovely although more manorly versus palacial. In Belgium I prefer the Conrad over many others. It's just terrific and has a great spa known in England &quot;Champneys&quot;. Enjoy.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Betsy

Quinty, I just checked at www.biddingfortravel.com (a site which teaches you how to use PL) and none of the hotels you listed is used by PL, so your chances of getting one of them is probably nil. Check out the BFT site to see which hotels Pl uses in the cities you have listed.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 03:27 AM
sheba

betsy, how you know which hotels PL uses? The site states that they can NOT display the name of the hotels at their own request..... so, how you know?

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 06:14 AM
John

Sheba, biddingfortravel.com is a website on which users of Priceline report their results. At the top of each area in the hotel listings is a link to a list of reported PL hotels in the area, ranked by stars and also linked often to reviews of the hotels by PL users. As Betsy said, there's no record of any Hiltons being used by BFT reporters in those cities, which only means that nobody has reported getting them to BFT as of yet. Hotels are being added to PL's stable all the time, evidenced by the growing list of reported hotels on the BFT site.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 07:00 AM
Betsy

Thanks for responding, John. You're awake earlier than I this morning!