Myself and my husband have a 3 week trip beginning of September, flying into Rhodes and out of Athens (cheapest flights!). I am finishing writing a thesis so a little stuck on research time (but am reading up when I can!). We are keen to have a mixture of rest, walking/hiking, history, and of course beaches. And Im keen to see Monemvasa towards the end - I hear its beautiful...?
Any tips on which islands are best, what to avoid, and best places to find out about ferry times (I hear you don't necessarily have to book in advance, just need to get an idea on what is possible and cost!). We dont mind less touristy places either! Mix of the top must-see things and then some off-the beaten track.
I have been to Athens, Santorini and Nafplio before in 2009... tempted to return with my husband this time, but I'm sure there is so much more to see still?!
Would greatly appreciate any help, tips, advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 11 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 12 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 13 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 14 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Current plan for March trip
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 Spain in 2018
- 19 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga