I'll have about three days in Amsterdam proper and three for day-trips. I'm staying at the Citizen M at the airport Sunday night through Tuesday night, July 26-28, so July 26 and 27 seem like good days for day trips.
Day-trip one, perhaps on a Monday since much of this is walking around and the Zaans Museum is open Mondays: Zaanse Schans, main museum and walk to windmills (I presume I can just see the outside of them); Zaandvort beach; end in Harleem, wander around a little before heading back to Airport. Probably won't see the interior of anything in Harleem but can just at least walk around some into the town and maybe have dinner.
Tuesday: Start in Rotterdam, then the Hague, ending at the Mauritshuis at 6, then quick trip to Scheveningen; then head back to Citizen M Schipol to get bags and move to Citizen M Centraal station.
Wednesday: Centraal Station to Kronen-Muller museum? This seems like an absolute beast to get to on public transport!
This leaves Thursday-Saturday in Amsterdam proper, with at least one of the main museums open quite late those nights, and three consecutive days to consider buying a Museum Card.
Thanks for your thoughts! Am I trying to do too much and not enjoying the beaches? Should I scrap the third daytrip to Kronen-Muller? (Big impressionist art lover here, though)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SBCGOBAL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact SBCGOBAL Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 Driving
- 3 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 4 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 7 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 8 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 11 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 12 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 13 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 14 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 24 Poland--where else to go
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond