Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on the Komfort Kollar travel "pillow"?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one that looks like a neck brace? Are they helpful for trying to sleep on a plane? Are they any better than U-shape pillows? And any thoughts on the inflatable vs. memory foam? (I'd prefer inflatable for packability, but I've read reviews on Magellan about slow leaks on the inflatable.)
Old Mar 30th, 2007, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned from a trip to Hawaii using the inflatables - one new one and the other several years old - neither expensive- bought the new one at Target for $5. I had no leaking problems and did find them comfortable for sleeping- as did my husband. He hates gadgets and I love them - he used it on each leg of our trip so it must work or it would have been back in the carry on quickly. ! I thought it was a good trial for our European trip - will be taking them with me in May. Just saw the Komfort collar - just a thought - with reclining seats - am not sure why you would need the collar to keep you from leaning forward. I also have seen people with the memory foam which I am sure would be very comfortable but who wants to lug it all over with you- our inflatables take no space and will be in my carry on out of the way til I head back home. Good luck and happy travels!