Thoughts on my itinerary appreciated

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mind there will be mom. dad kids ages 23,20,16,12. Three days Rome, five days tuscany, three days Provence and 2 days Paris. We have been to Paris briefly before. Where would you base in Tuscany? Where would you base in Provence? Where would you stay in Paris and Rome? All thoughts appreciated.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 07:46 PM

Provence: Aix-en-Provence is big enough to keep everyone busy. St. Remy is a good central location or even Avignon, if you want somewhere larger.

Tuscany: Florence, Pienza or Sienna maybe. With a group, I think you might enjoy the larger cities because everyone can do their own thing and you don't have to pile everyone into one vehicle for day trips.

In Paris I would stay at the DuAubusson on the left bank and in Rome maybe the Dei Mellini. Have a great trip!
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 06:56 AM

I think your older kids will appreciate the liveliness of Aix, which is a college town.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 07:03 AM
jay

we just stayed at the hotel des artistes in rome. it is a great place to stay with a great rooftop garden 5 blocks from the train station. in paris stay at the hotel des trois colleges. next to the sorbonne and very close to the latin quarter.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 07:13 AM

It depends a bit what the kids want to do. If hiking, hanging out at a pool or lake, or doing day trips as a group is what sounds appealing, any of the small towns or hill towns might be fine (but I'd choose somwhere close to Siena). If they want the freedom to go out, eat, dring, dance, and go out shopping, exploring, or museum-hopping on their own, I'd definitely choose Florence. And if they want a summer party atmosphere with an international relaxed flair and lots of boats, I'd choose Port'Ercole, near Grossetto.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 07:16 AM

Hi,
I would really recommend getting a apartment instead of hotel rooms. It is much cheaper and roomier. In Google search just put in apartments in Rome..ect.. and gobs will come up.
I hope you have a wonderful trip.