Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Thoughts on day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik
Notices

Thoughts on day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

Jul 13th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Thoughts on day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

I am winnowing our itinerary to slow things down a little. It is posted on the other thread. We have time in Dubrovnik at the end. We plan to spend about two days around Dubrovnik itself but we have a further two days the the end that we could use to relax at our hotel in Lapad, or to take a couple day trips. Montenegro was one possibility. I have read mice reviews of other travellers experiences and would welcome any input from fellow Fodorites.
Jul 13th, 2015, 07:27 PM
kja

I enjoyed a day trip to Montenegro (to Kotor, to be specific, with a stop in Perast), but I must admit that I think it is REALLY hard to respond to a question like this one without more information about your itinerary or interests. My recollection (OK, I just checked your last posted itinerary) is that I think you are trying to do too much in too little time, but obviously, I don't know what options are now on the table, since you now say you have 2 extra days. IME, there are things about Kotor that are somewhat duplicative of other things in Dalmatia -- so IMO, whether a day trip to Montenegro is the best use of your exceedingly short time in the area really depends on what else you are doing and what, exactly, you hope to see and experience.

You might want to add more information to this thread (and add a link to your other thread) or direct Fodorites to your other thread (adding a paste of this thread to it). Just a thought....
Jul 13th, 2015, 08:21 PM

The scenery around the Bay of Kotor is breathtaking and unique (as a photographer, scenery is a priority for me). I thought was a different experience than exploring Croatia near Dubrovnik. I did not find the city of Kotor itself particularly appealing, but walking the walls above it was a worthwhile experience - more amazing views. I spent about an hour in Perast and found it more relaxed (much smaller) than Kotor - I'd stop for sure if you can. You'll pass through anyway on the way to Kotor unless you take the ferry across the bay.

I did a night in Kotor, not just a day trip from Dubrovnik, however.

Search this Thread