Reload this Page >

Thistle Marble Arch - London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Mila

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? My tour company offers a package for me to extend my stay at this hotel and I'm just wondering if it's a nice hotel and centrally located? I'd like to take in some plays while staying in London. Will it be in walking distance to the theater district?<BR>How would it compare to the Waldorff Hotel? I stayed there with my husband on business a few years ago for a evening and loved it.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 09:41 AM
xxx

The Waldorff is nice, but has been undergoing renovation. Not sure of it's current state.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 09:45 AM
kitty

We stayed there this past summer and enjoyed it a lot. Our Executive rooms were much like a nice Hyatt in the US. Location is fine - near a tube station and next to Hyde Park.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Mila

Not being that familiar with London, can someone advice me on the convenience of this hotel to the theater district?<BR><BR>Is it a very modern hotel, or does it offer some charm? <BR>Thank you.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 02:24 PM
kitty

It is a modern hotel, again, like a nice Hyatt. Nothing to indicate you are in London. We stayed here after two weeks of being in B&B's and enjoyed staying in this hotel. We had reserved an Executive Quad room (there were four of us) but we received two connecting rooms which we felt was wonderful after staying in charming, small rooms (loved thoses B&B's too though). If you do a search on the internet you can see examples of the rooms.<BR><BR>It is not that close to the theatre district but you can easily hop on the subway or get a taxi. But look at a map and you can judge distances. You are close to nice shopping such as Selfridge's.<BR>