Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Thinking about renting an apt in Mykonos- location and getting around?
Notices

Thinking about renting an apt in Mykonos- location and getting around?

Apr 25th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Thinking about renting an apt in Mykonos- location and getting around?

Hello! I am planning a trip to Greece in September, and I am thinking about renting an apartment in Mykonos for 4 nights. The property I am looking at is located near Ag. Sostis and Panoramos beaches. What is this area like? We are a young couple (26 and 28, respectively) and we will want to go out in Mykonos a night or 2. What is the best way to get around the island. We will most likely be taking the ferry in and flying out open-jaw back to the US from Mykonos (or Santorini, may need some help on that in another post

Thanks!
Apr 25th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Panormos is in the north of Mykonos, and one of the most quiet places that exist.
While it is a very nice, off the beaten path beach ( compared to all the popular beaches of the south), you might have transportation problems.
If you decide to stay there, i would recommend a rental car, so that you can explore the island and go to Mykonos town at night.

Most great restaurants and bars/clubs are in town, and finding a taxi at night to go back to your hotel might be quite a problem... there are very long queues for a taxi, which is very annoying....

DO not rent a scooter, unless you have experience at home, as the narrow streets of the island are absolutely dangerous for people who drive without previous experience with scooters.
Have seen terrible accidents.. so no matter how tempting the price might be, do not even think about it.

Driving with a car is no big deal, it does require attention though.

Search this Thread