Things to See in Ireland

Search

Things to See in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things to See in Ireland

M planning a trip to Ireland This winters. Suggest me some of places which i can see in Ireland especially dublin
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 02:34 AM

December in Ireland?? Not my cuppa tea!
It's likely to be cold (40's) and wet, more so in the West and Southwest, so you might want to stay in the Dublin area. Maybe a daytrip to Glendaloch.
In Dublin, I don't know if the Tourist Buses will even be running in December.
Sorry! I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on your trip; but forewarned is forearmed.
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 05:40 AM

Ned, its too late for me since I'm going Oct 8-20
Do you think packing wellies is worth it.
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM

I travel to Ireland and Northern Ireland for a conference most years in February--and will be doing so again this year. I have a wonderful time. Most of the times the weather has been damp and cold -- but mild compared to the coldest parts of the U.S.

We hit snow one time in Co. Donegal -- and it was absolutely magical. A day or two later it had melted. It was wonderful to walk in the snow and see the sheep on the hillsides. It looked like we'd stepped into am impressionist painting. Then coming back and sitting in front of the peat fire with a cup of tea was perfect.

I bundle up with a sweater, hat, scarf, and gloves ... and enjoy the gorgeous scenery.

Dublin itself is wonderful. I especially enjoyed Dublin Castle and Trinity College. Nearby, I'd suggest Glendalough, Powerscourt Gardens, and Newgrange.
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 02:36 AM

cubanita writes: "Ned, its too late for me since I'm going Oct 8-20
Do you think packing wellies is worth it."

Short answer: No! That's Autumn, not Winter! Your main problem will be a rapid decrease of 'daylight hours' as October progresses. I have visited Ireland in mid-October and had good weather: cool but nice enough to play golf on my favorite golf links.

rohanarora536 asked about winter, and I responded in kind. I have also had good weather in late February / early March

Rather than Wellingtons, I would suggest water resistant leather walking shoes (like Nike Hikers).
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 10:48 AM

u can see Tara's Palace and Museum of Childhood
Kilmainham Gaol
Christ Church Cathedral, Airfield house, Chester Beatty Library

My personal suggestion avoid going to Dublin in winters. U will find only rains so plan your trip in summers
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Dublin is actually a popular tourist destination all year round- about 6,000,000 tourists per year visit the country. Temperature in winter averages 40F which is one of the mildest in Europe. I was in Berlin and northern Italy last winter and almost froze to death compared to Ireland where snow for example is usually something that lasts for hours rather than days.In Dublin the open top buses run all year round, although you will find more passengers inside than in the summer of course. The days though are very short. In summer you can get days going from 6am to 11pm on the west coast and for Americans in general that is the time to travel there.Air fares are much lower in winter though.