Reload this Page >

Theatre Tickets in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Jenson

I will be in London in mid February and want to see three shows -- Chicago, We Will Rock You and am still deciding on the third show. I want to buy the best tickets available but don't want to pay lots more than the face value of the ticket. Does anyone have any recommendations on when and how I should buy the tickets? Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Patrick

The best way is to call each box office directly. They will sell you the best tickets available, and you can give them a credit card on the phone. There is absolutely no charge and they will hold the tickets at the box office until performance.<BR>Last I knew Chicago was often available at the official half price booth in Leicester Square so you could probably wait until you get there and try to get them the day of perfomance at half price. I'd suggest you call right away about We Will Rock You.<BR>Get the theatre box office number and seating chart from www.albemarle-london.com But if you get the tickets from them, there will be an additional charge and/or they charge you more for the tickets.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Mark

I second the above advice.The best way to purchase tickets is to call the theatre box office directly.When I call I always have a seating chart of the venue so that I can see the exact seats I'm buying.You can find seating charts at&quot;Whatsonstage.com&quot;,or<BR>http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Leslie

If you want to see another musical, and you remember the music from the group, Madness, then I suggest &quot;Our House&quot;, which takes place in London. It was a fun show to see, with lots of high energy and good music. All of the music was written by Madness.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Jenson

Thanks for the excellent advice on calling the theatres directly and for the web sites! Re: Madness, I'm not familiar with that group. Would I enjoy the show anyway? I like upbeat, dance and song type musicals -- such as Chicago and Mama Mia -- so I figure We Will Rock You will be good. Any other show recommendations that I might enjoy? I wish I had time to see 10 shows but unfortunately must narrow the choices down!

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Leslie

I'm sure that you know the song &quot;Our House&quot; -- &quot;Our house, is a very, very, very nice house, with two cats in the yard ...&quot;<BR><BR>The show is great and a lot of fun. It's high energy, and once you hear the music you'll remember the songs.