Theater in London

Nov 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Theater in London

We have on day and night in London. We are hoping to see a playand we were thinking of going to the place were you get last minute tickets and for that night. What is the name of it? Where is it? Do you think we have a chance of getting anything Friday morning for Friday night, Dec. 3rd?
Thanks!
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM

It's called TKTS and is the free standing building in the park at Leicester Square. Yes, there will be choices of at least 20 or more plays and musicals the day of the show. All will have the "highest priced/best seat" tickets available for half price plus a handling charge. You can use a credit card.

If you want an example of what's available go to: www.officiallondontheatre.com
Once you get the home page, look for the TKTS logo over on the right side of the page. Click it and you'll see what the half price offerings and prices are for today. They will be similar on December 3rd.
Hours will also be listed. I have never stood in line more than a half hour -- generally a lot less than that.
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:20 AM

yes, you do have a chance of getting *something* on that day. you should be prepared with a list of many choices and have researched what is currenlty on in london. due to the format of ticket buying (usually in a queue, and you go up to a window), you must make rather quick decisions.

another option is to plan ahead...i buy tickets from lastminute.com when i want discount tickets. you can buy a week or two in advance and i find that i have much better luck seeing what i want than when i go to TKTS.

Search this Thread