Reload this Page >

The mushroom recipie from France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Heather

Someone recently posted who was looking for the mushroom recipie posted last Fall. I'm sorry to create a new post, but my search for "mushrooms" and "recipie" didn't locate the thread.<BR><BR>I just found my tattered copy and wanted to repost it:<BR><BR>Approx. 1 lb. mushrooms (the poster said that she used whie, portabellos, and a mix from her store)<BR>4-5+ Tablespoons of butter<BR>Drop of olive oil<BR>2 shallots<BR>Thyme<BR>Salt<BR>Pepper<BR>Approx. 3/4 cub of whole milk<BR><BR>Slice the mushrooms, leaving the smaller ones whole<BR>Melt butter in a large skillet with the olive oil<BR>When the butter bubbles, add the minced shallots<BR>When shallots are tender, add the mushrooms and saute until they give up all of their juice and start browning<BR>Then, add the milk, salt, pepper, and thyme<BR>Increase the heat and stir in a drop of butter, cooking approx. 2-3 more minutes<BR>This dish can be served in a bowl as a side dish or on toasted French bread<BR>Serve immediately<BR><BR>I'll vouch for how good this recipie is. Though, I usually use more than 1 lb. of mixed mushrooms. I've served it as a side and on toasted bread and it's delicious.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:49 AM
c

Hey~Heather, that's my recipe! Was someone looking for it?? That is so cool~ It is the recipe I got from the restaurant Allarde when in Paris last time.It is also very good as a topping for a large baked potato.<BR>Bon Appetit~C

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Heather

Hello, "C"! Now, I can thank you for posting your recipie ... it's been a big hit every time that I've served it. And, people are always impressed that someone was generous enough to share it on the Internet. (Of course, I always tell people that there are many generous folks on this board.)<BR><BR>And, yes, someone was looking for it in the last week or so ... I hope that s/he is looking today.<BR><BR>Thanks, again!

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 06:16 AM
c

Heather~I found that this cookbook is one of the best for easy "regular" French cooking, the photos are great, the little stories about the Parisians and the way they regard cooking and enjoyment of meals, helps while waiting to go back to Paris.And a similar cepes recipe is in there also-Parisian Home Cooking, by Michael Roberts.Does anyone else have an excellent French cookbook to recommend? I have Patricia Wells, and the usual big ones, this is smaller,more "homey" cooking~<BR>And Thanks again Heather, I love sharing "goodies" from Paris * Candice

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Heather

Thanks for the cookbook suggestion. I'm definitely looking into it. I used to tease my mom about her shelf of cookbooks, but I'm getting just as addicted and that one sounds terrific.