Reload this Page >

the meander from Paris to the Riviera

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 09:25 AM
beth anderson

Hi all<BR><BR>next trip, coming up unexpectedly and sooner than I thought. <BR><BR>I may drive, I may TGV - don't know, am considering options.<BR><BR>anyone have any great ideas - if you have done this or any part of it, any places along the way I should try to spend a day or at least part of one? I have some time to dawdle so any cool ideas are appreciated. I have a gites guide so I am OK on lodging I think but if you have any places you would like to recommend, that's super too.<BR><BR>PBProvence, would love to stop by and say hello if you are going to be home!<BR><BR>anything special/new going on in either locale in the next few weeks? <BR><BR>thanks everyone...<BR><BR>Beth<BR><BR>(I may get some flak for this post but oh well dems da breaks. incoming! duck!!

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 10:53 AM
c

Oh Beth-to meander from Paris to the Riviera~how lovely!<BR>You must have seen the film Two for the Road, but you should watch it again for inspiration!<BR>I have only meandered around Paris so I will be no help to you, but wish you well on your trip~C

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Grasshopper

Beth, If you haven't been to Lyon you should check it out. It's two hours by TGV from Paris and you could easily spend 2 or 3 days there. From there, we took a train to Marseilles and then on to Nice. It's a fun trip.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Gregg

Beth<BR>I'm contemplating the same itinerary, however I plan to go only as far as the southern rhone area. I've looked into stopping in Lyon, Valence (Tain L'Hermitage) and finally Orange. I may go on to Aix but I'm not sure. I'm also looking for driving companions. I arrive in Paris May 24 and will depart for the south the first week in June. I'll be monitoring the site for the next month or so. Cheers! Gregg

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 12:49 PM
beth anderson

Hi, thanks everyone.. C you know you will C all about it! <BR><BR>just bought the tickets. I leave in a week. yowza!<BR><BR>Gregg - I will report back~! who knows, by May I may be ready for another trip. LOL let me know if there is anything you find especially interesting, if I have time I will look it up and report back...<BR><BR>WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! off I go again, into the wild blue yonder! oooh, I can't wait.<BR><BR>you will all think me a real sicko but I started up with the hoop jumping for flying lessons & have gone up a few times - once in my Uncle's plane and again in Florida last week. WOW it is such a feeling. (maybe that is why I travel so much, I just like to fly).<BR><BR>adrenalin rush kicking in..<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 12:55 PM
c

Sending Beth a leather cap with those little ear flaps, for her flying lessons~~~whooo hooo

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:16 PM
elvira

ifi twere me, I'd do one of the following:<BR><BR>Two train routes - Marseille&gt;Avignon&gt;Valence&gt;Lyon&gt;Dijon&g t;Nancy&gt;Chalons-sur-Marne&gt;Paris<BR><BR>Marseille&gt;Nimes&gt;Montpe llier&gt;Bordeaux&gt;Tours or Limoges&gt;Paris<BR><BR>If I had a car, I'd get out a map of France, and draw a straight line from Nice (or whatever city) to Paris, then drive along that line. Heaven only knows what you'd find....

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 02:37 PM
beth anderson

thanks Marna!<BR><BR>hey, can you believe this. I got the tickets IN HAND already. talk about service. I called my trusty consolidator (have used them literally dozens of times) around 430 - and got the tickets delivered TO MY DOOR at 630.<BR><BR>now that's customer loyalty.<BR><BR>WOOHOOO<BR><BR>Beth

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 02:38 PM
PB

Hey Beth !<BR><BR>Yes, I'll be here until the 5th of April - then I"m taking a quick trip to the Dordogne for a few days.<BR><BR>Come for dinner... and get a taste of 'a year in Provence' because the contractor should be working on our latest project.<BR><BR>PB

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 04:30 PM
ttttttt

ttttt

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 05:28 PM
sandra

I will also be in Paris on the 24th and going to Cannes on the 5th of june, so gregg let us know maybe we can all gett ogether for a drink in paris and plot our trips down south

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:58 AM
beth anderson

Pb, sounds super. I'll call you when I am in Paris or on the road to firm up details. Would love to see the work - is this the wine cave?<BR><BR>Beth

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:59 AM
beth anderson

whoops, that is PB!<BR><BR

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:50 AM
julee

Beth-one place I recommend highly is Carcossone. There is a walled bastide there called the Cite, which is a nice day trip. Have a great time!-Julee