Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   The London Theatre (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/the-london-theatre-222014/)

Jen May 17th, 2002 08:24 PM

The London Theatre

Does anyone know what performances are playing at the theatres in London on June 21 and then from June 22- 28th? Where do you get the rush tickets?

Shannon May 17th, 2002 08:41 PM

One of the things I learned from this site is going to www.whatsonwhen.com. If you go to that site, click on theatre, england, london region, and plug in the dates, and you will find a pretty comprehensive list.<BR><BR>You can always check at the Leicester Square 1/2 price b.o. for tickets, or wait until 10 minutes before show time at the box office, and can usually get decent seats.

Patrick May 17th, 2002 08:47 PM

Go to www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk, plug in your dates and it will show you every show booking for the time you are there. If it is important to you, then call the theatre directly (the numbers are listed right there) and book the tickets with them for no service charge or extra mark-up. Otherwise wait until you arrive and get day of show tickets at the official half price booth in Leicester Square.

janis May 17th, 2002 10:54 PM

The 1/2 price booth is great or you can go directly to each theatre and try for student tickets. The advantage to the Leicester Sq TKTS booth is that there are so many shows to choose from and you don't have to run from theatre to theatre.<BR><BR>Every day is different but for an idea. here are the 1/2 price shows available last Thursday:<BR><BR>MATINEE<BR>Bedroom Farce<BR>Blood Brothers<BR>Caught in the Net<BR>Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)<BR>Constant Wife<BR>Daisy Pulls it Off<BR>Humble Boy<BR>An Inspector Calls<BR>Kiss Me Kate<BR>Midsummer Night's Dream <BR>Les Miserables (25% off)<BR>My One and Only<BR>Night of the Soul<BR>Stones in his Pockets<BR>This is Our Youth<BR>Vagina Monologues<BR>Yeoman of the Guard<BR><BR>EVENING<BR>Art<BR>Bedroom Farce<BR>Blood Brothers<BR>Caught in the Net<BR>Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)<BR>Constant Wife<BR>Daisy Pulls it Off<BR>Fame<BR>Full Monty<BR>Glee Club<BR>Humble Boy<BR>An Inspector Calls<BR>Jesus Hopped the 'A' Train<BR>Kiss Me Kate<BR>Lady Windermere's Fan<BR>Midsummer Night's Dream <BR>Mind Games<BR>My Fair Lady<BR>My One and Only<BR>Mysteries<BR>Night of the Soul<BR>Noises Off<BR>Phantom of the Opera<BR>Shockheaded Peter<BR>Stones in his Pockets<BR>Taboo<BR>Tempest<BR>Vagina Monologues<BR>Woman in Black<BR>Yeoman of the Guard<BR><BR>As you can see - something for everyone :-)

Myer May 18th, 2002 05:27 AM

We returned from London on Tuesday. We prtebooked My Fair Lady (very good, big budget, lavish musical) directly from the theatre, paid no service other than 1 pound and tickets arrived in 5 days.<BR><BR>We also wanted Blood Brothers (recommended by daughter). Passed Leicester Sq early afternoon on a Saturday and TKTS had only 2 people in front of us.<BR><BR>Bought Blood Brothers, First balcony 5th row and paid 42 pounds for both. This theatre is very small and seats were excellent.<BR><BR>Blood Brothers, though quite heavy is excellent. Highly recommend it.<BR>