Once not long ago it seemed that public urinals for men - called vespasiennes - a name taken from Emperor Vespasienne who was responsible for creating ancient Rome's public urinals, were everywhere.
And now I am shocked to hear that there is only one left? (See You Tube) - but I could not catch where this icon is - anyone know?
Amsterdam still has many public urinals like these - metal things with whole at eye level so you can see out and kind of feel like your urinating on the street!
Any other cities with these type of vesapsiennes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 7 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Current plan for March trip
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Spain in 2018
- 15 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 21 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 25 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.