The hotel Ala or Pension Accademia in Venice? Tough decision...need advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is availability for both of these hotels for my stay in November. The feedback on Addademia is always good but I got a great deal on the Ala. The rate quoted for superior double at the Ala is 150E. For the Pensione Accademia I was quoted 230E for superior room, 180E for regular double room. I've always wanted to stay at the Accademia but since it will be November is Ala the better choice? I wanted the Accademia mostly for sitting outdoors and having breakfast on the patio, etc. It may be too chilly in November for that.

Your thoughts please.
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:28 AM

We love the Ala. It is in a great location and the rooms are spacious. Also the staff is very helpful and it has a wonderful breakfast. Can't help with the Accademia.
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:32 AM

Unless you have a very special reason to choose one hotel over the other, go for the lower price. Both are nice. The Ala is a little better situated near the heart of things, but the Accademia is certainly good too. By all means, I would take the Ala at those rates. Good luck.
Old May 12th, 2003, 07:14 AM

I stayed at Pensione Accadmia once end of nevember 2002 and another last March. Although the wheather was beautiful both times, it was still not warm enough so there was no table/chair out on their patios, front and inner. They seem to be "sister-hotels" though Ala is a Best Western and Accademia isn't. I don't hesitate to recommend Accademia but Ala's feedback is mostly good too. If 30 euro(if you take standard double at Accademia) difference is not a problem, I'd say take Accademia. Their breakfast is really nice, a beautiful breakfast room and great food including hot items and lots of fruit. Our standard double at Accademia was rather small (especially the bathroom !)but we loved it anyway. It was facing a side canal and the Grand Canal was visible too. Accademia or Ala, you will not be disappointed with either hotel you choose.
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:49 AM

I'd choose whichever will guarantee a water view. I stayed in a superior double at the accademia last Dec. & paid 225e which I thought was a lot. I liked the hotel but did not LOVE it the way others do. What I did love was the canal view. If you can get a canal view at the Ala for 150e, I'd grab it.