English speaking dentist in Dubrovnik

Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English speaking dentist in Dubrovnik

i have just badly chipped a tooth and need to see a dentist asap. It is Saturday here now. Thanks for any help
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 03:57 PM

http://zagreb.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/dentists.pdf
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 09:50 PM

Hi packed,

Sorry to hear that, I feel your pain. If you have an American express card they can help you find an English speaking dentist. They have helped me in Japan and France.
Good luck.
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 10:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you ask at the tourist office? They might be able to help. Or you could ask someone to translate for you at a dentist who doesn't speak English. Hope it turns out well for you.

Kay
Old Oct 4th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. I wanted to share my experience so that someone else in my predicament might get help. I spent last evening searching the Internet and calling all of the dentists on the lists that I found. Most did not answer their phone since it was Saturday. I finally found a person who answered a phone. She spoke English and was the assistant to Dr. Jurisic,a local dentist who had a website in English. His clinic is called "Dental Centar Jurisic". I saw that he had done advanced work at UCLA. He was nice enough to come to his office on Saturday especially to see me. He x-rayed my tooth, assessed the damage, and fixed it. I believe he did a good job. I am very appreciative of the kindness that he showed me.
Old Oct 4th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. I wanted to share my experience so that someone else in my predicament might get help. I spent last evening searching the Internet and calling all of the dentists on the lists that I found. Most did not answer their phone since it was Saturday. I finally found a person who answered a phone. She spoke English and was the assistant to Dr. Jurisic,a local dentist who had a website in English. His clinic is called "Dental Centar Jurisic". I saw that he had done advanced work at UCLA. He was nice enough to come to his office on Saturday especially to see me. He x-rayed my tooth, assessed the damage, and fixed it. I believe he did a good job. I am very appreciative of the kindness that he showed me.
Old Oct 4th, 2014, 05:07 PM

PACKED, so glad things turned out well for you.

That is one of my greatest fears when traveling - a painful or disfiguring dental emergency in a foreign country!
Old Oct 4th, 2014, 08:16 PM

We are also currently in beautiful Dubrovnik. Happy to hear that this worked out well for you.
Old Oct 4th, 2014, 09:29 PM

Glad your experience turned out well. My own experience in Dubrovnik was a few years back when I developed a severe lung infection. I got in a cab and told the driver to take me to the local hospital. He dropped me at the entrance of a really modern building which seemed entirely deserted. I wandered around until I found some sort of maintenance man who directed me to the emergency entrance in another level of the place.

There I was seen by a woman doctor who spoke excellent English. She examined me thoroughly and prescribed antibiotics. When I went to pay at the desk I was told it would be the equivalent of about $15. I only had a large denomination Kuna note, and the girl did not have change, so she said I should, "Just forget it and get well soon".

If there had been any doubt, I knew I was not in the States anymore.
Old Oct 5th, 2015, 11:50 PM

Knowing the high cost of dentistry and dental surgery, when I was in Croatia and had a tooth problem, I was fearful of the high costs and finding the right dentist. I searched for dentists on the internet and found it on http://www.croatiadental.com/ and it turned out that in the end Croatia dental costs are not so expensive and high as I thought. I went to one dentist in private practice and I was very pleased with her service. Her English was excellent and her final result of my tooth reparing was great.