Notices

The Cape and Norway Fjords

Aug 17th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

The Cape and Norway Fjords

My husband and I are considering a Princess Cruise to Norway end of August 2016. We are choosing the Cape and Fjords itinerary. This is our first choice so far the second is the British Isles that goes Ireland, Scotland, England, Normandy and Paris . Does anyone have any comments on either of these to help us make up our minds. We are in our late 60's. Also Can anyone give us details on the excursions offered on the Norway itinerary? Pricing? Do you see most of the scenery on the ship . What excursions would be worth the $$$ . Also the British Isles cruise. Though I am pretty sure we can figure that one out but since the trip is over a year from now the excursion options and pricing are not available so you could use some help from you folks
Aug 17th, 2015, 08:57 AM

You may fecieve more help if you post on Fodor's Cruise Forum.
For Norway, have you considered sailing with Hurtigruten for a more Norwegian experience?
Aug 17th, 2015, 10:15 AM

I can thoroughly recommend the Hurtigruten, having sailed with them 3 times. I'd go again tomorrow if I could.
Maybe not as luxurious as a proper cruise ship, though they have some pretty big, luxurious ships on the route now, it is a more intimate experience. It isn't a cruise though - sometimes they have a piano player onboard, though it depends on the ship, or people come on and provided talks or folk songs, but mostly it is about the journey itself.

Search this Thread