I will be traveling from Venice, Italy on May 4 2014 to Cinque Terre to spend a few days there. I am assuming that the train is the best way to get there but wasn't sure where to even begin to understanding the European train system. I know that the closes stops are in Genoa or Pisa. Can someone please help steer me in the right direction as far as best form of transportation, cheapest and quickest. I saw on Eurorail that it was 127E for a one way ticket there, this seems super expensive!
All help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 2 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 5 Rome Hotel
- 6 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 7 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 8 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 9 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 10 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 11 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 12 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 13 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland
- 16 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 17 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 18 Finally The Bowl Has Begun
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 Moscow Hotels
- 25 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?