The best FOOD in Europe?

Dec 20th, 1998, 07:20 PM
Erasmus

The best FOOD in Europe?

In which European country can a hungry American eat the best meal of his young life?

Dec 20th, 1998, 08:02 PM
Aurora

Many will opt for France, I am sure. But my vote is for (the envelope, please)...Belgium.

Dec 21st, 1998, 02:46 AM
Maira

My vote is for France. Even when I ordered stuff that I have no idea what it was, I was hardly ever dissapointed. I do have to clarify that I love to try different things. My husband, on the other hand, is a very picky eater (meat and potatoes guy). His pick is Germany. According to him,-"You can't ordered a bad meal in Germany"-.

Dec 21st, 1998, 06:46 AM
Monica

I'll have to vote for Italy! All the great pasta dishes, the antipasta and all the other first course dishes, fried calamari, the pizza in Naples (the best in the world), the varous meat dishes, etc.

I believe though the best desserts are in France. Paris has some beautiful window displays of their pastries. Just georgous and so tempting!

Dec 21st, 1998, 07:35 AM
anne

I agree with Monica - Italy for me! Especially Tuscany. Everyplace we've eaten there, from the markets to the stellar restaurants, served such delicious dishes!

Dec 21st, 1998, 12:16 PM
Cheryl Z.

Italy!!! However, I've never been disappointed in any of the countries we've traveled to. And on our first trip to Germany years ago, we had (and still do have) wonderful meals, which came somewhat as a surprise, tho I don't know why!! I can never get over how good the bread is too in any part of Europe.

Dec 21st, 1998, 01:28 PM
erin

I also vote for Italy. Second runner up, Spain. I'm getting hungry just thinking about paella...

Dec 21st, 1998, 06:52 PM
Dayle

Italia! The further south, the better!