The Algarve

Mar 9th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

The Algarve

I am travelling with my 21 year old daughter in April spending 10 days in VILLAS d'AGUA RESORT near Olhos d'Agua, Algarve, Portugal as our base.

Never having been to Portugal, I am interested to hear feedback on the following:
1) has anyone heard of this place and is it recommended;
2) does anyone have alternative suggestions to this hotel that I may want to consider;
3) should I consider renting a car or using public transportation?
4) what things of interest (art galleries, cultural things) are there to do in this area? and
5) is it feasible to think I can fit in 2 days in Lisbon?

Flying in from Toronto, Canada, Portugal provides the best value at this time.

Any and all information is appreciated. I am looking forward to your feedback.

Reesa
Mar 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM

I have no knowledge of the resort you mention, but try googling it and looking at some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. You might find that Albufeira is a better centre for you. It is a much larger town and there is more to do there than just sitting on a beach. It is easy to rent a car there and the price is reasonable. I found driving to be easier than in N. America but public transport, i.e. buses, is available to certain locations. There are travel agencies available that run trips to various places including Lisbon.I don't get the impression that there is much in the way of culture in the area. You did not say when you were going, but in the summer,the area is packed, whereas in the early Spring it is much less crowded.
Mar 9th, 2009, 05:47 PM

Reesa,

You'll find further information at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum...1-Algarve.html

Search this Thread