Search

Hotel Poseidon or Hotel Miramare - Positano

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Poseidon or Hotel Miramare - Positano

Hello All!
I am having a terrible time choosing b/w the poseidon and miramare in Positano for our upcoming trip. I have searched all over the forum but all the comments are dated so I was hoping someone would have a more recent opinion or advice?

Looks to me they are very similar in price and where they are on the hill, the only dif is the Poseidon has a pool and the Miramare does. Also seems like Miramare has a clear sea view whereas Poseidon is more half city/half sea. Truth be told when in Positano you would think we would not want to spend a day at the hotel by the pool but its a nice facility to have?
Can I really go wrong?

Any thoughts or should I just wing it….
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:11 PM

I'm going back to The Poseidon next month for my third visit. Love it. But don't book it for the pool, which is not much larger than an oversized bathtub. Most guests use it simply for a quick dip on the sun terrace.

The hotel has spectacular views, especially from the restaurant's terrace, but you're right in thinking that they are 'half city/half sea.' I'm not sure where the Miramare is located, so I can't comment on the views.

We love The Poseidon. It has a great staff, beautiful rooms, and outstanding food. I can't wait to go back! Hope you have a great time!
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:34 AM

Have you looked at the Covo dei Saraceni? It is down towards the water but it has great views and a nice pool.
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Marincanto has a terrific (infinity edge) pool and lovely views. Staff is wonderful, too.
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. As far as availability and what we have seen, we are choosing b/w the poseidon and miramare.
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM

We are trying to make the same decision. Did you already visit? Hitch one did you choose?
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM

HI Eileen,

We just got back from a week at Hotel Poseidon. LOVED our room- The Funny Suite- but the great food that we remember is no longer great. The views, staff, hotel itself were fabulous. Can I answer any other questions for you?
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

We stayed at the poseidon and we loved it. We never ate at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food there but the view from our room was incredible, the service was great, and the pool area was very nice to sit around and have a drink.