I just wanted to say thank you for your Lisbon walk and restaurant suggestions. We've used you as pretty much our entire guidebook and we've had a wonderful time! We went to O Mercado and Tasquinha d'Adelaide, both of which I believe you recommended, I bought gifts of gloves for my sisters at Ulisses (so incredibly tiny!), we took the tram everywhere, and did most of your walk in two days because we stopped so many places.
One thing I can recommend to you because I don't think it existed when you were here. When you walk towards the two-level lookout and on the same side of the street, there's a small shop that sells Indian silks and clothing and it's called Look N or something like that. At first glance, it seems like a tiny two-room shop but if you wander through the warren of little rooms you eventually come out at a beautiful terrace overlooking the rooftops of Lisbon. The terrace is dotted with colourful umbrellas made of mirrored indian fabric, there's a lovely fountain, cool drinks and a beautiful view. Next time you're in Lisbon, seek it out.
Thank you again for your wonderful suggestions. If you read my living in London thread, you'll find more of what we've done here in Lisbon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 2 Barcelona tour option help please
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Easter Week in Italy
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 Airport Transfer
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 14 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 15 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 16 Which Aran Island??
- 17 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 18 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 19 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 20 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 Moscow Hotels
- 23 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 24 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 25 Dublin to Donegal