Reload this Page >

RAPHAEL HOTEL - ROME

Search

RAPHAEL HOTEL - ROME

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2000, 03:12 AM
edna

RAPHAEL HOTEL - ROME

Has anyone stayed at the Raphael Hotel? It's just off the Piazza Navona. <BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 16th, 2000, 07:34 AM
Ed

Have not, but it's been quite good for years. Good location for many sights as well as restaurant choices. <BR> <BR>Rome.Switzerland.Bavaria <BR>www.twenj.com

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 10:26 AM
Beth

I stayed at the Raphael in September. Location was excellent, literally a few steps off the Navona. The room was small but comfortable. We only ate continental breakfast there one morning, and it was fine. The best part was the excellent rooftop area. They were serving drinks or dinner up there, and its really pleasant. The food was excellent. It was a great place to just have a glass of wine and catch a cool breeze in the early evening. I liked the Raphael very much and would stay there again.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 09:21 AM
Dona

Edna. <BR>I stayed at the Raphael for a week last year and really liked it - and have recommended it to many friends. <BR> <BR>I loved being at the Piazza Navona. The staff was very helpful - even taking my rental car off my hands and dealing with the car rental company for me. <BR> <BR>I thoroughly enjoyed the roof garden - I liked everything about it... <BR> <BR>Dona

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 03:21 PM
Leslie Fain

We stayed at the Raphael last March and enjoyed it very much. The location was perfect and the hotel offered luxury and charm. I did feel the breakfast was overpriced would recommend that you try to get it included in the price of your room or skip it. Unfortunately, the roof garden was not yet open and we were unable to enjoy one of the hotel's stellar features.

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 03:52 PM
Beth

Hi Leslie, <BR>you were one of the people who recommended the Raphael to me last year. Thanks! All your comments were right on. too bad you missed the roof garden, it was great.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 05:07 PM
Joanna

I was considering this hotel at one stage, as it does look lovely. However, after reading (I think in Matt Frei's "Italy") that the mafia bosses own it and judges' murders were planned at a party there, I was turned off. I realise it's not the only mafia-owned hotel in Italy, but it certainly turned me off staying there.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 10:39 PM
hris

to the top