Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Thanks for responding to your own post after your trip

Dec 7th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Linda

I just read a person's follow-up to their own original posting. After their trip they "answered" with their choices, experiences, and further advice to others. I really enjoy when people do this so I can follow the thread and see the results (especially if I gave some advice). A new posting of a travelogue or just saying thanks is fine, but I especially like when people continue the thread and give remarks on the specific topic. I find it very helpful.

Dec 7th, 2001, 07:08 AM
cdf

Hi Linda, I also enjoy these ongoing trip reports, that is the best of this kind of site..when you can have "conversations" with many people regarding a particular place/trip.And whenever I read a really good (funny,informative) trip report, I always want to respond,and it is a treat to hear back on that response~Good case in fact-the young woman who took her little boy to London for the first time, how sweet and fun to hear their first time excitement!And due to that post-I am checking into that hotel next trip!

Dec 7th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Dave

I agree with Linda. When a person comes back from a trip after getting advice on this forum, it is like saying "thank you" when they post the results of their trip as a reply to their original question.

Dec 7th, 2001, 07:19 AM
michelle

AND-often the qustions before that poster leaves, leads the ones of us who remain at home, to wonder how the trip went,having given advice-so it is fun to hear if the advice was taken.I gave a recommendation on something once,having just been that year to a certain restaurant.When the poster got back,they told me how the restaurant had changed,lucky them,they didn't take my advice!

Dec 7th, 2001, 10:51 AM
Christina

I agree with Linda, I really like that too--if there were questions of hotels or activities, it's kind of nice to hear how it worked out. It's like a story.

Dec 7th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Karen

Also, if someone returns and answers the question he/she originally posted, it helps others who may do a search on the original topic. So, even our less amicable readers may benefit from post-trip posters...

Dec 7th, 2001, 05:02 PM
Gino

Interesting idea